Welcome to the Boomer & Echo freebies and deals section where you will find access to some of the best deals in Canada. We will keep this page updated to provide our readers with the latest in free tools, rebates, and special offers.
If you’ve been reading Boomer & Echo for a while you’ll know that I’m a big fan of simplifying your finances by investing in a low cost, broadly diversified basket of index funds or ETFs. One of the best ways to do this is by using a robo-advisor – an online automated investing service that takes all of the guesswork out of investing.
We’ve partnered with one of Canada’s leading robo-advisors – Wealthsimple – to offer an incentive where Boomer & Echo readers get their first $10,000 managed free for two years when they open up a new Wealthsimple account.
Or, readers can try online investing with ModernAdvisor. This robo-advisor let’s you use $1,000 of their money for a 30-days risk-free trial to test out its platform. If you decide to open an account with ModernAdvisor, Boomer & Echo readers get a $50 bonus.
Finally, we have partnered with Justwealth, a robo-advisor that offers a great solution for RESPs. This target date approach to RESPs is a unique solution that transforms your portfolio from aggressive to conservative automatically over time, eventually “maturing” in the year that your child will begin post-secondary education. Open a Justwealth account and get a $50 bonus.
- Open Tangerine savings account with $100 or more using my Orange Key code – 39602788S1 – and get a $50 bonus. Sign up here.
- Sign-up for the Boomer & Echo exclusive email newsletter and get free tips on how to take control of your finances. This email series is sent to subscribers twice a month. You can sign-up for free updates here and join over 10,000 other subscribers.
Free Credit Score!
Now Canadians can get their Equifax credit score for free from online lender Borrowell. It won’t affect your credit score and Borrowell uses bank-level encryption to ensure your information stays safe. Get your free credit score here.
- One of the top cash back credit cards in Canada is the MBNA Smart Cash MasterCard which includes a special offer of 5% cash back on gas and groceries for the first 6 months, and 2% cash back afterwards. 1% cash back on all other purchases. Sign up here.
- One of the best credit cards for travel rewards in Canada is the Capital One Aspire Travel World MasterCard, which gives you double miles on every dollar spent, plus generous bonus reward miles on your first purchase and an additional 10,000 anniversary bonus reward miles every year. Sign up here.
- Check out our credit card offers page for the latest deals and sign-up bonuses
- Questrade is the king of low-cost investing in Canada. You can trade stocks for just $4.95. Take your savings further with a registered account at Questrade.
- The RESP Book will help you understand how RESP accounts work and how to get one started, what kind of RESP account to set up and what kind of investments to buy.
- Become a member of Great Canadian Rebates and take advantage of online coupons and earn cash back rewards. GCR features over 400 merchants to satisfy all your shopping needs.