Yesterday we received a conditional offer on our house, which is subject to the buyers having their financing approved by next Friday. If you remember when we first listed our house back in March our Realtor predicted that it would take 44 days for the house to sell. Today is day number 43 that our house has been on the market. Pretty good forecasting if you ask me! Hopefully this goes through and then we can turn our attention to the new house.
Speaking of housing, Larry MacDonald wrote an excellent column questioning the recent predictions of a real estate collapse in Canada. I agree that the real estate market will have a period of slow (or no) growth until valuations return to normal and wages catch up.
Earlier this week I wrote my 2nd post on Canadian Finance Blog, go over and check out How Stock Options Work.
Here’s a look at some other interesting articles from the personal finance world this week:
- Money Smarts Blog explains how to Save Tax on RESP Withdrawals
- PT Money discusses The Best Ways to Save for Retirement
- Bible Money Matters reviews YNAB (You Need a Budget) 3 Budget Software
- Debt Free Adventures presents Walking Away From a Mortgage
- Moolanomy says you should test How Much House Can I Afford?
- Young and Thrifty explains Why She Loves Getting a Tax Refund
- The Passive Income Earner has some impressive Dividend Income in April
- Retire Happy Blog says that The Best Retirement Plan is to be Debt Free
- Million Dollar Journey reviews Free at 45: How To Retire Early and Happy
- Financial Highway shares 5 Secrets of Warehouse Retailers
We were also included in the following blog carnivals this week:
- Canadian Finance Blog hosted the Canadian Finance Carnival and included Naming An RRSP Beneficiary
- Personal Dividends hosted the Carnival of Wealth and included Canadian Monthly Income Fund Comparison
- Clariity hosted the Family Finance Carnival and included RRSP Or Mortgage: What To Do With Your Tax Refund?
Have a great Easter long weekend everyone!