Finding a place to rent for two months is turning out to be a lot more difficult than we thought. Apparently landlords aren’t too keen on short term rentals to people with pets…so that’s two strikes against us right off the bat.
And for all of this talk of renting instead of owning, I’m not seeing much of a discount on rent in our city. Most of the places we’ve looked at are asking for as much per month as we currently pay on our mortgage. The good news is that our new house is still on schedule for an August 1st possession date, even with the rotten weather this Spring.
Enough complaining, let’s take a look at some interesting articles from the personal finance world this week:
- Canadian Capitalist weighed in on Garth Turner’s Dodgy Advice
- Million Dollar Journey looks at Types of Stock Chart Patterns
- Financial Uproar is Obsessed About Money
- Canadian Finance Blog explains How to Find the Best Rental Apartment
- Money Smarts Blog Saved Money with Priceline, sort of.
- Retire Happy Blog asks Should You Write Your Own Will?
- The Passive Income Earner reviews Telus Corporation
- Young and Thrifty created the Ultimate Guide to Canadian Deals Websites
- Give Me Back My Five Bucks Breaks Down the Numbers on Her First Home
- Studenomics discusses an interesting topic of Investing Your Student Loans
Have a great weekend!