Last night I was a guest on the first Tweet Chat hosted by ATB Financial. We talked about the benefits of investing in RRSPs vs. TFSAs. We’ll be back next week to talk about paying down debt vs. investing. You can tune in on Thursday from 8pm – 9pm (MST) and follow along using the hashtag #abmoneychat.
With RRSP season in full swing, Brighter Life has come out with an RRSP toolkit to help you figure out all your options. Check it out!
And just a reminder that Canadian Wealth Advisor is offering Boomer & Echo readers their one-year subscription for $39. That’s $80 off their regular price, and just $3.25 per issue! This offer expires on February 25th.
Here’s a look at some other interesting personal finance articles from this week:
- Cash Money Life shared some thoughts on losing $50,000 on our house
- Dough Roller listed 75 ways to make money on the side
- Canadian Finance Blog ranted about the generation gap
- Free From Broke asked is a used car really a better value?
- Couple Money explained what new parents need to know about taxes
- Financial Uproar looked at the problem with no spend days
- Money Smarts Blog explained who controls withdrawals from RESP Account?
- Million Dollar Journey listed the top 5 asset allocation strategies
- Retire Happy Blog said paying lower fees directly can be tough on investors
- My Own Advisor asked what would you do with $1,000?
We were also included in the following blog carnivals this week:
- Carnival of Personal Finance
- Canadian Finance Carnival
- Self Directed Investing For Retirement Carnival
- Carnival of Financial Camaraderie
Have a great weekend everyone!