It’s Family Day weekend here in Alberta, which means lots of folks will be heading out to go skiing, snowboarding, or just getting away for a short holiday. Unfortunately I’m stuck working this weekend so no vacation for me, but this will be my last weekend of work until September, which is really nice.
Last week I was contacted by Globe and Mail reporter Dakshana Bascaramurty after she read my article on Extended Warranties, and she interviewed me about my experience at a Canadian furniture store. On Tuesday she published her article in the Globe and Mail – Why Would You Need That Extended Warranty?
Here is a look at my favorite personal finance articles from around the blogosphere this week:
- Young and Thrifty gives an example of When Buying Something Expensive Can Be Worth It
- Canadian Capitalist says that people are Saving Big by Flying out of US Airports
- Big Cajun Man has some Old School Thinking about Debt
- Million Dollar Journey posted on the Top Canadian Stock Screeners
- Canadian Finance Blog shows us Why Debt-Free Living Doesn’t Help Your Credit Score
- Money Smarts Blog discusses the ins-and-outs of the RRSP Home Buyers Plan
- Michael James gives A Cautionary Tale of his own experience with the Home Buyers Plan
- Balance Junkie asks What’s Your Investment Personality?
- Broke Professionals tells us about a couple who was Addicted to Shopping
- Fabulously Broke asks Can You Survive on an Extreme Budget?
Have a great weekend everyone!