Winter finally arrived here in southern Alberta. Earlier this week the temperature dipped to a chilly -50C with the wind-chill. I’m not complaining though. After enduring three weeks of screaming Chinook winds, I’m happy to see the return to a normal Canadian winter.
Cheap mortgage rates have been all over the news lately. Is this a good time to refinance your mortgage? I explored this topic on Moneyville earlier in the week. I also wrote about three savings strategies for your TFSA.
Here’s a look at some other interesting personal finance articles from this week:
- Rob Carrick mused about even more debt, how cool is that?
- Jon Chevreau wrote four in ten still don’t know difference between RRSP and TFSA
- Brighter Life explained how to handle the unexpected on a fixed income
- Retire Happy Blog looked at what to invest in for 2012
- Million Dollar Journey reviewed the basics of the health spending account
- Canadian Couch Potato explained why we love the one we’re with
- Young and Thrifty reviewed Quicken Home and Business 2012
- Canadian Finance Blog looked at how penny auction sites work
- My University Money debated paying off debt fast vs. building assets
- My Own Advisor reviewed the MoneySense Guide to the Perfect Portfolio
We were also included in the following blog carnivals this week:
- Canadian Finance Carnival
- Carnival of Personal Finance
- Festival of Frugality
- Tax Carnival
- Totally Money Carnival
- Carnival of Wealth
- Carnival of Financial Camaraderie
- Self Directed Investing for Retirement Carnival
Have a great weekend everyone!