The results from the Globe and Mail Best of the Blogs contest are in and Boomer & Echo finished 3rd place in the best personal finance blog category! Thanks for everyone who voted for us, we really appreciate your support.
Congratulations to Jim Yih from Retire Happy Blog for taking home 1st place in the Best Personal Blog category this year, and to Dan Bortolotti from Canadian Couch Potato for winning the Best Investing Blog in Canada.
Also a special thanks goes out to Rob Carrick for highlighting How I Saved Over $300 On My Cable And Internet Bills in his Personal Finance Reader on Monday.
Here is a look at some interesting articles from the world of personal finance this week:
- Free From Broke lists some Steps to Take to Avoid Retiring in Debt
- Balance Junkie share Opportunity Cost and Opportunity Lost
- Rob Carrick writes that TD Wants you to Buy its e-Series Funds – Really
- Canadian Capitalist disagrees saying that TD e-Series Accounts Aren’t Hard to Set Up
- Money Smarts Blog wonders if BIXI Bike Rental Will Succeed in Toronto?
- Financial Highway lists 10 Great Graduation Gifts for Under $20
- Canadian Finance Blog asks What Would Cripple You Financially?
- The Passive Income Earner explains When to Take Profits and Losses?
- Financial Uproar wants to know Why are Big Companies so Bad at Customer Service?
- Give Me Back My Five Bucks explains The Real Cost of Closing on a Home
We were also included in the following blog carnivals this week:
- Prairie Eco Thrifter hosted the Totally Money Blog Carnival and included Organic Food Growing
- Personal Dividends hosted the Carnival of Wealth and included 5 Common Mistakes Investors Make
- Integrated Loans hosted the Integrated Finance Carnival and included How Baby Boomers Influenced The Banking Industry
- Yes I Am Cheap hosted the Carnival of Personal Finance and included My Personal Rate Of Inflation
- Canadian Finance Blog hosted the Canadian Finance Carnival and included Redeeming Your Aeroplan Miles
- My Wealth Builder hosted The Wealth Builder Carnival and included Assessing Your Estate Plan
Have a great weekend everyone!