Want to win $500 cash? Moneyville is celebrating their 1 year anniversary by launching the Moneyville Birthday Bucks Photo Contest. Readers are asked to take a photo of themselves (and their friends) holding up the Moneyville Birthday sign and upload it to Facebook.
The contest started on October 7th and closes on November 2nd. The grand prize winner, as voted by the public, is $500 cash, and 5 secondary prizes (Kobo eReader Touch Editions) will be awarded based on creativity. Good luck!
Speaking of Moneyville, earlier this week I had my very first article published on their site. Check out why I moved my savings to ING Direct.
I also answered the burning question, will rising interest rates affect my variable rate mortgage over at Canadian Finance Blog.
Let’s take a look at some other interesting articles from the world of personal finance this week:
- Canadian Couch Potato explains what Moneyball can teach you about investing
- Rate Supermarket looks at cash back rewards and uses an infographic to claim that Cash is King
- My Own Advisor has some other reasons why he invests in dividend paying stocks
- Financial Highway shares fun and frugal ways to celebrate Halloween
- The Wealthy Canadian lists 10 investment tips to advance your objectives
- Young and Thrifty says enough with the obsession with credit scores
- Michael James looks at evaluating financial goals
- Retire Happy Blog asks, do you have a money mentor?
- Rewards Cards Canada reviews the TD travel rewards program
- Couple Money is giving away a tablet for their 2nd anniversary
We were also featured in the following blog carnivals this week:
- Carnival of Wealth
- Totally Money
- Festival of Frugality
- Carnival of Financial Camaraderie
- Canadian Finance Carnival
Have a great long weekend everyone!