With the TSX reaching a two-year high this week, the markets don’t seem to be slowing down. While it may not be a great time to buy right now, at least I’m not thinking of selling. Not with a dividend growth investing strategy. I’m hoping the gradually improving economic landscape will allow companies to grow their dividends again soon (like the Canadian banks).
Emera (EMA.TO) recently raised their dividend by 15%, and the stock has surged upwards of 20 percent. Growth AND income, sounds really good to me.
Now on to the links, here are some interesting articles from this week in personal finance:
- My Own Advisor introduces us to Grace Groner, a dividend investor
- Balance Junkie writes a GIC Strategy: Two Important Questions
- Young and Thrifty asks if You’d Rather Grow Up Wealthy?
- Jim Yih says that Bad Investments Research Is Useless
- Canadian Couch Potato writes about Parking Cash In Your Portfolio
- Money Smarts Blog reviews Scotia iTrade Discount Broker
- The Financial Blogger tells us Why I Borrow So Often
- The Digerati Life shows us How Groupon Daily Deals Work?
- Financial Highway presents The Canadian Housing Market: Unaffordable And Getting Worse
- Big Cajun Man writes about Kids And Financial Programs: When Do You Start?
Have a great weekend everyone!