The Plutus Awards are designed to celebrate the best financial blogs by writers unaffiliated with mainstream media and commercial financial products. We are incredibly honoured to be a finalist in two categories; best new personal finance blog, and best Canadian personal finance blog.
Please take 5 minutes and vote for your favourite blogs at the 2nd Annual Plutus Awards. There are quite a few categories listed, so feel free to skip any that aren’t applicable to you.
This week we were fortunate enough to receive a guest post from The Blunt Bean Counter called The Dividend Gross-up and Tax Credit Mechanism, which we published on Monday. Check it out if you haven’t had the chance to read it yet.
Here are a few great articles from the personal finance blogosphere this week:
- My University Money explained What to do when you first get to campus
- Credit Cards Canada listed 6 weird things you can buy with a credit card
- All Business wrote There’s no such thing as ‘found money’
- Stupid Cents explained How to become a minimalist
- The Wealthy Canadian looked at Effectively managing a capital loss
- Money Smarts Blog discussed Why he has an emergency fund
- My Own Advisor pondered Why he still drives an 11-year old car
- Young and Thrifty shared How she cured her shopping addiction
- Canadian Finance Blog asked, How brand loyal are you?
- Free From Broke had some Transportation alternatives for one car families
Have a great long weekend everyone! And remember to vote for your favourite blog.