The Problem With Core And Explore

A core and explore investing approach can give you a taste of both passive and active strategies. The idea being that you put 90 percent of your portfolio into a low-cost, broadly diversified set of index funds or ETFs, and then put the remaining 10 percent of your...

Do You Always Get What You Pay For?

“This $6 bottle of wine tastes awful.” “What did you expect – you get what you pay for.” It’s true, in most circumstances, that the quality of products and services increases as the price increases. You get what you pay for. When...

Can You Really Afford That Mortgage?

My husband and I purchased our first home when we were 23 and 21 respectively. Back then the mortgage approval process used all of his income but only 50 percent of mine. Income requirements have changed since then. If both spouses (or common-law, or other applicant)...

Pin It on Pinterest