Welcome to the Boomer & Echo freebies and deals section where you will find access to some of the best deals in Canada. I will always keep this page updated to provide our readers with the latest in free tools, rebates, and special offers.
High Interest Savings
Here’s the biggest no-brainer move to make with your money right now. The big banks pay nothing on your savings deposits. Wealthsimple Cash pays 4%, and up to 4.5% when you have more than $100,000 in the platform. Join Wealthsimple and get up to $3,000 when you sign up with my referral code: FWWPDW.
Free Credit Score!
Now Canadians can get their Equifax credit score for free from online lender Borrowell. It won’t affect your credit score and Borrowell uses bank-level encryption to ensure your information stays safe. Get your free credit score here.
Self-Directed Investing Platforms
Wealthsimple Trade is Canada’s first and only zero-commission trading platform where investors can trade stocks and ETFs for free in an RRSP, TFSA, or non-registered account. Sign up for Wealthsimple Trade today and get a $25 cash bonus.
For most robust investing needs, including for LIRAs, Margin, and Corporate accounts, Questrade is still the king of low-cost investing in Canada. You can purchase ETFs for free and trade stocks for as little as $4.95. Take your savings further with a registered account at Questrade.
Become a member of Great Canadian Rebates and take advantage of online coupons and earn cash back rewards. GCR features over 400 merchants to satisfy all your shopping needs.
Ebates.ca pays you cash back every time you shop online, and it’s FREE to join. Sign up now and when you spend $25 you’ll earn a $5 cash back bonus.
———–>>>> Read my Great Canadian Rebates vs. Ebates Canada comparison guide here <<<<————-
My pro tip is to use Aeroplan for your flights and Marriott Bonvoy for your hotel rewards. The best way to accumulate Aeroplan miles and Bonvoy points is to collect American Express Membership rewards points.
Here’s my card line-up to get you started:
- The American Express Platinum card – Earn up to 100,000 Membership Rewards points.
- The American Express Aeroplan Reserve card – Earn up to Aeroplan points.
- The American Express Cobalt card – Earn up to 30,000 Membership Rewards points and 5x points on food and drink (this is my main every day credit card).
- The Marriott Bonvoy American Express card – Earn up to 55,000 Marriott Bonvoy points and a free night certificate.
And, for small business owners, even more lucrative rewards await:
- The Business Platinum Card from American Express – Earn up to 120,000 Membership Rewards points.
- The Marriott Bonvoy Business American Express card – Earn up 55,000 Marriott Bonvoy points and a free night certificate.
The RESP Book
The RESP Book will help you understand how RESP accounts work and how to get one started, what kind of RESP account to set up and what kind of investments to buy.