Welcome to the Boomer & Echo freebies and deals section where you will find access to some of the best deals in Canada. I will keep this page updated to provide our readers with the latest in free tools, rebates, and special offers.
Free Credit Score!
Now Canadians can get their Equifax credit score for free from online lender Borrowell. It won’t affect your credit score and Borrowell uses bank-level encryption to ensure your information stays safe. Get your free credit score here.
If you’ve been reading Boomer & Echo for a while you’ll know that I’m a big fan of simplifying your finances by investing in a low cost, broadly diversified basket of index funds or ETFs. One of the best ways to do this is by using a robo-advisor – an online automated investing service that takes all of the guesswork out of investing.
- Wealthsimple: Boomer & Echo readers get their first $10,000 managed free for one year when they open up a new Wealthsimple account. <——- BEST FOR PORTFOLIOS UNDER $250,000
- Nest Wealth: Boomer & Echo readers can try Nest Wealth free for 3 months. <——- BEST FOR PORTFOLIOS GREATER THAN $250,000
- Justwealth: Boomer & Echo readers get 50% off of Justwealth Investment Management Fee for a period of 6 months <——- BEST FOR RESP ACCOUNTS
Become a member of Great Canadian Rebates and take advantage of online coupons and earn cash back rewards. GCR features over 400 merchants to satisfy all your shopping needs.
Ebates.ca pays you cash back every time you shop online, and it’s FREE to join. Sign up now and when you spend $25 you’ll earn a $5 cash back bonus.
———–>>>> Read my Great Canadian Rebates vs. Ebates Canada comparison guide here <<<<————-
Open a Tangerine savings account with $100 or more using my Orange Key code – 39602788S1 – and get a $50 bonus. Sign up here.
EQ Bank’s Savings Plus Account consistently offers an everyday high interest rate at or near the top of the market with no hassles. Open an account here.
KOHO is a no-fee, pre-paid, and reloadable VISA card and full-service account on your phone. Join KOHO and use the referral code BOOMECHO to get up to 1.5% cashback on all purchases (1% for 90 days when you make your first purchase*, and an additional 0.5% for 90 days when you add a direct deposit (payroll, government cheque, etc.).
*You have 30 days after sign-up to activate this referral offer by making a transaction. Read my comprehensive KOHO review here.
When you sign up for Airbnb with a referral link, you’ll get up to $62 off your first trip. How it works is you’ll get $45 off your home booking, and then another $17 to use towards an Airbnb experience worth $63 or more. An “experience” is an activity hosted be a local expert.
- Sign-up for the Boomer & Echo exclusive email newsletter and get free tips on how to take control of your finances. This email series is sent to subscribers twice a month. You can sign-up for free updates here and join over 10,000 other subscribers.
- One of the top cash back credit cards in Canada is the Scotia Momentum Visa Infinite card. Get 4% cash back on groceries and gas, 2% back on drug store purchases and recurring bill payments, and 1% cash back on all other purchases.
- Check out our credit card offers page for the latest deals and sign-up bonuses.
Questrade is the king of low-cost investing in Canada. You can trade stocks for just $4.95, plus most ETFs are free to purchase. Take your savings further with a registered account at Questrade.
The RESP Book will help you understand how RESP accounts work and how to get one started, what kind of RESP account to set up and what kind of investments to buy.