Welcome to the Boomer & Echo freebies and deals section where you will find access to some of the best deals in Canada. We will keep this page updated to provide our readers with the latest in free tools, rebates, and special offers.
56% of Canadian adults don’t have a legal will. Now you can create a legal online will in 20 minutes for as little as $99 with Willful Wills – currently available for Ontario residents only.
If you’ve been reading Boomer & Echo for a while you’ll know that I’m a big fan of simplifying your finances by investing in a low cost, broadly diversified basket of index funds or ETFs. One of the best ways to do this is by using a robo-advisor – an online automated investing service that takes all of the guesswork out of investing.
- Wealthsimple: Boomer & Echo readers get their first $10,000 managed free for one year when they open up a new Wealthsimple account.
- Nest Wealth: Boomer & Echo readers can try Nest Wealth free for 3 months.
- Justwealth: Boomer & Echo readers get 50% off of Justwealth Investment Management Fee for a period of 6 months.
- ModernAdvisor: Boomer & Echo readers get a $50 bonus when they open an account with ModernAdvisor.
Become a member of Great Canadian Rebates and take advantage of online coupons and earn cash back rewards. GCR features over 400 merchants to satisfy all your shopping needs.
Open Tangerine savings account with $100 or more using my Orange Key code – 39602788S1 – and get a $50 bonus. Sign up here.
OhmConnect is a free platform for Toronto Hydro customers which rewards them for saving energy during at specific times. Rewards can be converted into cash, donations, or energy-efficient products.
- Users can earn up to $100 per year
- They earn by saving energy when power plants are at their worst
- Simple sign up process by connecting their Toronto Hydro account
- Sign up here and start saving today!
- Sign-up for the Boomer & Echo exclusive email newsletter and get free tips on how to take control of your finances. This email series is sent to subscribers twice a month. You can sign-up for free updates here and join over 10,000 other subscribers.
Free Credit Score!
- Now Canadians can get their Equifax credit score for free from online lender Borrowell. It won’t affect your credit score and Borrowell uses bank-level encryption to ensure your information stays safe. Get your free credit score here.
- One of the top cash back credit cards in Canada is the MBNA Smart Cash MasterCard which includes a special offer of 5% cash back on gas and groceries for the first 6 months, and 2% cash back afterwards. 1% cash back on all other purchases. Sign up here.
- One of the best credit cards for travel rewards in Canada is the Capital One Aspire Travel World MasterCard, which gives you double miles on every dollar spent, plus generous bonus reward miles on your first purchase and an additional 10,000 anniversary bonus reward miles every year. Sign up here.
- Check out our credit card offers page for the latest deals and sign-up bonuses.
Questrade is the king of low-cost investing in Canada. You can trade stocks for just $4.95. Take your savings further with a registered account at Questrade.
The RESP Book will help you understand how RESP accounts work and how to get one started, what kind of RESP account to set up and what kind of investments to buy.