It was just over three years ago that my mom and I started putting together a collection of articles that would mark the beginning of Boomer & Echo. We didn’t have a clue about blogging or running a website (and still don’t!), but we pressed on and have written over 650 articles to date.
We started off at a torrid pace, publishing articles five times a week, until leveling off sometime in 2011 at the more familiar three posts a week. Since then we’ve brought along a couple of excellent contributors in Andrew Martin from She Thinks I’m Cheap and Sandi Martin from Spring Personal Finance (no relation?).
With nearly 2 million page views and 8,000+ subscribers, the blog has more than exceeded our expectations. It’s been a remarkable journey!
We wouldn’t have come anywhere near those numbers without dedicated readers like you who’ve been receiving our posts by email or bookmarking our blog to visit daily. We truly value your readership, comments, emails and stories.
With that, we’d like to host a book giveaway to thank you all for your support. Here’s what we’ve got:
Book package #1
1. MoneySense Retire Wealthy: A Financial Plan for Canadians of All Ages – MoneySense is Canada’s leading personal finance magazine and they’ve put together this unique decade-by-decade approach to successful retirement planning, from your 20’s to your 70’s.
2. Millionaire Teacher: The Nine Rules of Wealth You Should Have Learned in School – Andrew Hallam amassed over one million dollars on a high school teacher’s salary. This book is proof that you can get rich by living within your means and investing sensibly in low cost index funds.
3. Pound Foolish: Exposing the Dark Side of the Personal Finance Industry – Helaine Olen goes behind the curtain of the personal finance industry to expose the myths, contradictions, and outright lies it has perpetuated.
Book package #2
1. Fight Back: 81 Ways to Help You Save Money and Protect Yourself From Corporate Trickery – Consumer advocate Ellen Roseman tells you how to detect corporate tricks, how to resolve your complaints and how to get your money back.
2. 10 Ways To Stay Broke Forever: Why Be Rich When You Can Have This Much Fun? – Laura McDonald and Susan Misner, founders of Golden Girl Finance, take you through the best ways to squander your money and short change your financial future in this tongue-in-cheek look at how to live within your means.
Book package #3
1. The RESP Book: The Complete Guide To Registered Education Savings Plans for Canadians – Mike Holman of Money Smarts Blog discusses the ins and outs of RESPs; how they work, how to get one started, and what kind of investments to buy.
2. More Money For Beer And Textbooks: A Financial Guide for Today’s Canadian Student – My University Money authors’ Kyle Prevost and Justin Bouchard help students navigate through the post-secondary landscape and emerge unscathed (and debt free!).
How to Enter
We want to hear what kind of money topics you’d like us to write about over the next year. More personal stories from us, more retirement stories from your fellow readers? Frugal hacks, investment tips, case studies?
Let us know in the comments section below and you’ll be automatically entered to win one of the three book packages.
The contest will run until August 21st at 5:00pm EST and we’ll announce the winners on August 23rd.
Good luck, and thanks for your continued support!