I can’t believe it’s been five years! What started out as a mom-and-son blogging duo back in 2010 has turned into more than just our personal finance diary. Boomer & Echo has changed our lives, and we’re thrilled to know that the stories and advice we’ve shared over the years has made a positive impact on many of your lives as well. We know this because you’ve told us over and over again.
In a strange coincidence, this article also happens to be our 1,000th post. Many of you have been with us for the vast majority of these articles. We may be biased, but we think we have the smartest and most thoughtful community of readers online today. For that, we’d like to reward you with the biggest giveaway in Canadian personal finance blog history!
Boomer & Echo’s HUGE Five-Year Anniversary Contest
Let me begin by saying that we have an amazing group of partners who have generously supported this giveaway contest with some fantastic prizes. Our sponsors include banks, investment firms, rate comparison websites, PR agencies, plus books from 19 incredible personal finance authors.
Altogether we are giving away a whopping 63 prizes worth a total value of more than $5,000!
How To Enter
We’re using a service called Rafflecopter to help us coordinate such a massive giveaway. Here’s how it works:
- There are six ways to enter the contest, and you can receive a maximum of 20 entries.
- The first, and only mandatory, way to enter is by answering a question: “What personal finance topics do you want to read more about on Boomer & Echo?” Nice and simple, right? Answer the question in the Rafflecopter widget and receive one entry into the contest.
- The second way to enter is by joining the Boomer & Echo mailing list. While not mandatory, completing this option will give you an additional five entries into the contest.
- The third and fourth options are simple: visit us on Facebook to get one additional entry, and follow us on Twitter for one additional entry.
- The fifth way to enter is to tweet about this contest – this option will give you two additional entries.
- Finally, we’ve enabled a “Bring Your Friends!” entry option that will allow you to share the contest with your friends. For each friend that enters the giveaway through your unique URL, you will receive one entry into the giveaway. Each entrant can refer up to 10 people for the giveaway.
The contest will run from August 10th through to August 31st, and the winners will be drawn and notified September 1st and 2nd.
We’re Giving Away $5,000 In Prizes!
As I mentioned, we have a fantastic line-up of prizes to give away, including:
- One free-year at Nest Wealth, the online wealth management firm, plus a selection of the best personal finance books from Amazon (prize value of $1,000).
- One $500 credit when you open an investment account at ModernAdvisor.
- 10 $50 Staples gift card prizes to help your back-to-school budget, courtesy of ATB Financial.
- 15 Scotiabank SCENE PIN cards. Each one can be redeemed for a free movie at Cineplex, courtesy of Scotiabank (prize split into one package of 10 PIN cards, and one package of 5 PIN cards).
- Three $100 savings account deposits from Tangerine.
- One $250 Home Depot gift card to help with your home renovation, courtesy of LowestRates.ca.
- One $250 prepaid MasterCard from BMO.
- One $250 prepaid Visa card from Rate Supermarket.
- One $250 prepaid Visa card from ShareOwner.
- One $250 Amazon gift card from WealthSimple.
- One-year subscription to 5iResearch – conflict free investment research (prize value of $139.95).
- One $100 President’s Choice gift card from PC Financial.
- One $100 Canadian Tire gift card from Calador Communications.
- One $100 prepaid Visa card from RateHub.ca, which compares the best credit cards in Canada.
- Two athletic running shirts (value of $35 each), plus two copies of It’s Still Not Rocket Science, from Steadyhand Investment Funds.
- $75 worth of Purdy’s Chocolate from Life Insurance Canada.
- One $50 Amazon gift card from Great Canadian Rebates.
- Your choice of $50 cold hard cash, the Grouplend concierge activity package, or THE MYSTERY BOX!
- Two personal finance books of your choice, courtesy of WealthBar.
- Four digital subscriptions to Canadian Money Saver magazine (value of $24.95 each)
- Five subscriptions to The Mindful Budgeting Program, courtesy of LSM Insurance.
- Four copies of The Wealthy Barber Returns, by David Chilton.
- One copy of The Incredible Shrinking Alpha, by Larry Swedroe.
- One copy of The One-Page Financial Plan, by Carl Richards.
- One copy of Findependence Day, by Jonathan Chevreau.
- One copy of Millionaire Teacher, by Andrew Hallam.
- One copy of Pound Foolish, by Helaine Olen.
- One copy of Stop Over-thinking Your Money!, by Preet Banerjee.
- One copy of Wealthing Like Rabbits, by Robert Brown.
- One copy of The Value of Simple, by John Robertson.
- One copy of Rob Carrick’s Guide to What’s Good, Bad and Downright Awful in Canadian Investments Today.
- One copy of How Not to Move Back in With Your Parents, by Rob Carrick.
- One copy of More Money for Beer and Textbooks, by Kyle Prevost and Justin Bouchard.
- One copy of The RESP Book, by Mike Holman.
- One copy of The Smart Debt Coach, by Talbot Stevens.
- One copy of Financial Freedom Without Sacrifice, by Talbot Stevens.
- One copy of Enough Bull, by David Trahair.
- One copy of Fight Back: 81 Ways to Save Money and Protect Yourself From Corporate Trickery, by Ellen Roseman.
- One copy of Let’s Get Blunt About Your Financial Affairs, by Mark Goodfield (soon to be released).
- One copy of Pensionize Your Nest Egg, by Moshe Milevsky and Alexandra Macqueen.
Once again, every single one of these amazing prizes has been generously donated by the companies and authors listed above. We’re blown away by the support that we’ve received from the personal finance community, and we’re so excited to be able to reward our loyal readers with this HUGE giveaway!
Good luck, and thanks for reading!